Our client, a top national law firm is seeking a junior level General Corporate Associate to join their Manhattan office.
This position will be in the firm’s Corporate practice, which provides legal services relating to formation, capital-raising, mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, dispositions and dissolutions. The team brings practical and cost sensitive work ethic to each transaction. When the need arises, the team turns to the experience and knowledge base from other practice groups in the firm including employment, tax, employee benefits, real estate, and intellectual property.
The ideal Corporate Associate will have 4 to 5 years of general corporate experience, specializing in capital markets transactions and securities law. The Corporate Associate must be confident, finance minded with proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious and diverse practice at a great firm. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If you are a US licensed attorney with 4 to 5 years of general corporate experience and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Representing issuers, underwriters, and investors in securities and capital markets transactions
- Reporting on securities, regulatory, and compliance matters as well as advising public companies on US securities compliance and disclosure, and corporate governance matters
- Communicating with and advising clients on public and private offerings of various types of securities
- Actively licensed to practice law in the US
- Top-tier law firm experience
- 4 to 5 years of general corporate experience, specializing in capital markets transactions and securities law
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxy statements, 13D/G, and Section 16
- Experience analyzing issues associated with privately-held and public entities, and handling various transactional and business planning matters preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to identify and diligently resolve problems