Purpose of the Position
The Social Service Supervisor is responsible for ensuring Case Managers and Housing Coordinators working in shelters to provide quality services to single adults and families in accordance with all the Department of Homeless Services (DHS), the NYS Office of Temporary Disability Assistance (OTDA).
• Supervise Case Managers and provide coaching, training, and staff development as needed.
• Provide comprehensive case management including individual and group counseling services and other appropriate support services to clients in the absence of the Case Managers.
• Manage the shelter’s multidisciplinary team and provide crisis intervention, oversee day-to-day case management services and ensure weekly case conferences.
• Ensure all Case Managers conduct an initial needs assessment with new clients within 48 hours of arrival at the shelter and begin to develop an Individualized Living Plan (ILP).
• Ensure Case Managers are provided with orientation and training related to their responsibilities in maintaining the Uniform Client Chart.
• Work with community service providers to ensure clients receive essential services including mandated substance abuse treatment and mental health services.
• Attend regularly scheduled CARES training sessions to obtain DHS updates.
• Develop and conduct client activities/workshops.
• MSW or a related degree required with 2-3 years of experience in family and/or single adult residential counseling services.
• At least one year of supervisory experience is required.
• Must be able to work with at-risk populations including domestic violence survivors, clients with medical and mental health issues, and the chronically homelessness.