Tempositions is looking for a NP or PA to work on a Full Time Long Time assignment. The assignment will be Mon-Fri. 6:15a-1:45p.
- New York State Certified Physician’s Assistant
- Broad clinical experience
- 1 year experience treating patients with substance use disorders preferred
- Active DEA registration
- Buprenorphine training prior to start date or within two weeks of hire
- Must be able to establish rapport with patients who have substance use disorders and other mental health conditions
- Must have clarity in oral and written communication when interacting with multidisciplinary treatment team and completing plans and case conference input
- Must be able to maintain the normal standard of ethics, conduct and organization policies in job related activities.
- Must be able to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.
Provides primary care, medical and psychiatric services to MMTP participants under the direction of the Medical Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides primary care, medical and psychiatric services to MMTP participants under the direction of the Medical Director.
- Physical Assessment
- Provisional diagnosis
- Consultation with program medical and treatment staff and external providers
- Order and review laboratory tests
- Respond to medical emergencies
- Health counseling
- Perform physical exams, diagnose substance use disorders, and provide input to guide physician in providing treatment
- Embrace and include harm reduction in treatment of patients as part of the spectrum of care for substance use disorders.
- Basic health maintenance such as obtaining lab specimens, and administering medications
- Ability to clarify medical status and motivate patients in support of harm reduction, and health maintenance, data collection and enhanced treatment outcomes
- Identify problems and potential improvements in treatment process and enlist interest and support of other staff
- Maintain accordance with all regulations
- All other duties as required by the supervisor