Tempositions is looking for an LPN to work full time long term assignment. Our client is looking for an LPN to work Monday - Friday, 6:15am-1:45pm. This assignment can be temp to perm as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispenses and administers prescribed medication; maintains accountability, adequate record keeping, and documentation.
- Assessment and verification of last methadone dose for patients returning from the hospital, detox, etc.
- Carries out MD/PA orders, and assist during crisis, emergencies, and other procedures.
- Works collaboratively with Physician, Director, and other staff as part of the treatment team.
- Participates in clinic meetings, and interdisciplinary case conferences with clinical staff.
- Assist in coordination of medication deliveries for appropriate patients, as indicated.
- Assess patients and provide patient care within scope of practice.
- Promotes a positive, constructive clinic atmosphere.
- Knowledgeable of all state and federal regulations and accreditation standards as well as program policies and procedures and the role of a nurse in its operations, including confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- All other duties as required by the supervisor
- License to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State or Licensed Practical Nurse meeting above criteria within 3 years
- 2 years’ experience in a substance abuse services environment
- Demonstrates clinical competence and leadership traits (e.g. decision making ability, skills in problem solving and communication, prioritizing and team building)