Food Service Worker
Well known hospitals are seeking Food Service Workers/Dietary Aides for long term assignments in their Food Service department. Interested candidates must be flexible to work full time or part-time hours as well as weekends and holidays. Those looking to join a highly motivated, growing healthcare facility are encouraged to apply for our Dietary Aide position. The successful candidate will ensure full compliance with nutritional standards, internal procedures and government regulations while preparing and serving foods and beverages to all residents.
- Sets up assigned trayline station with appropriate items in preparation for meal service.
- Places appropriate items on patient trays according to the menu and the station tasks.
- Checks patient trays for accuracy.
- Delivers loaded food trucks to patient wards; passes trays to patients with the assistance of nursing for patient Identification.
- Picks up meal trays after meal period; returns trays and trucks to kitchen.
- Delivers late or special request trays to patients
- Strips tray waste into garbage cans; runs reusable dishes, utensils and equipment through dishwasher, utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent
- Removes bagged garbage from production areas to the hospital garbage removal areas.
- Sweep and mops floors utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent.
- Washes pots, pans and other small cooking equipment by hand utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent
- Cleans tray assembly belt, small and large equipment, walls, fans and all other items and areas of food handling environment, both as part of routine assignments and as directed special assignments.
- Prepares snacks, supplements and tube feedings; dates, labels and delivers to patient units.
- Checks and documents unit refrigeration temperatures.
- Prepares and/or pre-portions cold items for tray assembly
- Assist diet office in assembling patient menus prior to tray assembly when needed
- Receives, stores and issues food and supplies as required
- Assist production and/or prepared items for routine and special catering events; delivers, serves and cleans up as per special function needs
- Store stock appropriately in order to maintain cleanliness and prevent food spoilage
- Accurately record meals served and monitor temperatures of food
- HS Diploma or Equivalent required
- Must be FULLY VACCINATED
- Availability to work days, evening, weekends and holidays
- Minimum 1 year food service, dietary or restaurant experience preferably in a hospital or nursing home setting.
- Familiarity with clinical diets
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds
- Willing and able to work well within a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Food Handlers certificate a plus