San Francisco schools’ food service staff are responsible for the preparation and positive service of meals to students and staff of schools within the Nutrition Services Department for select San Francisco Schools. The position is responsible for the preparation of quality meals that are safe and sanitary and following Nutrition Services Department protocol for all aspects of meal service at the school. You would be placed at one of the schools within the district depending on their needs and would assist in food prep, cold breakfast items and hot and cold lunches, as well as a buffet line service. There is a shortage of staff that we need temps to fill with notice, but positions may also be on an “on call” day of basis if there is an immediate need.
- Kitchen experience includes simple cooking methods, food safety, knife skills, and people skills.
- Must be able to stand for 4-8 hours.
- Must be punctual. No show, no calls will not be tolerated.
- Food handler’s certificate
- Must go through livescan/fingerprinting and have a current TB screening.
- May be eligible for reimbursement once a certain minimum hour worked is achieved.
- Positions can be short term or long term.
- Uniform: Non-slip shoes required; chefs’ jacket not necessary but greatly appreciated
- Working buffet line: prepping meals then serving them from service style buffet lines. Both hot and cold food items.
- Recipes requiring 3-8 ingredients, 5-10 steps.
- Types of meal service:
- Breakfast - cold breakfast item, IW, yogurt parfait, etc....
- Lunch - hot/cold lunch item, Salads, sandwiches, pastas, rice dishes, building composed items, or similar...
- Supper - Salads, sandwiches, pastas, rice dishes, building composed items, or similar...