Contract Litigation Attorney
Contract Litigation Attorney
Our client, a prestigious government agency, is seeking contract attorneys barred and in good standing in any state with 1+ years of litigation experience to Work Remotely on a long-term assignment.
- Prepare for and/or try complex cases involving significant precedents, novel and complicated determinations of law and fact, or having significant legal, policy or financial implications.
- Determine the advisability of presenting witnesses as well as the admissibility of types of evidence and matters of legal strategy.
- Provide training for the field staff and the Committee on Special Education (CSE) clinical staff on compliance with federal and state education laws and regulations.
- Confer with special education specialists, technical experts, and other attorneys, including counsel for litigants.
- Negotiate and implement the settlement of special education claims.
- Prepare and argue difficult cases and appeals in administrative tribunals.
- Review, revise, and approve agreements prepared by other attorneys.
- Draft memoranda seeking fiscal settlement authority.
- Analyze the relative strength of impartial hearing cases and evaluate the appropriateness of plaintiffs demands.
- Instruct appropriate offices regarding their obligations to parents and students pursuant to impartial hearing orders.
- Review internal settlement recommendations.
- Gather evidence and assist in researching issues.
- Appear at pre-hearing conferences; responsible for reviewing administrative decisions.
- Research state and federal case law and implications for settlement negotiations.
- Work with public advocacy groups, parents, and private attorneys to arrive at mutually beneficial settlements.
- Review, revise, and approve stipulations of settlements.
- Review and negotiate claims for attorneys fees.
- Prepare preliminary reports, statistical data and recommendations pertaining to cases.
- Review administrative decisions.
- Review, revise, and approve requests for pendency.
- Barred in any state in good standing.
- Litigation experience.
- Settlement experience.
- Efficient legal research skills.
1 to 7 years of experience (barred and in good standing)
On-site (NYC): $44.00/hour
7 plus years of experience (barred and in good standing)
On-site (NYC): $47.00/hour
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.