We are looking for full-time Case Managers to work within a domestic violence residential & legal program. This program focuses of providing legal and job training programs for domestic violence victims, residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Case Manager is responsible for direct service provision to residents. Direct services include individual counseling, group counseling, advocacy services, referrals and follow-up, home management and budget counseling.
- Conduct intake interviews, as assigned, to assess and evaluate residents for admission.
- Engage residents in initial and ongoing treatment processes, through individual and group counseling, under clinical supervision of the Superior of Clinical Service or Program Director.
- Develop and maintain housing referral resources, assist residents in the process of locating and securing permanent housing, in conjunction with Housing Specialist.
- Assess residents’ vocational and educational needs, aptitudes and interests through interviews and testing. Develop and maintain placement and follow-up as appropriate after assessment and counseling.
- Develop and maintain liaison activities with H.R.A. Public Assistance and Medicaid Administrators and Workers, to assist eligible residents in securing Public Assistance and Medicaid by acting as a personal advocate through telephone or personal visit/contact.
- Develop with the resident, a contract of mutually agreed goals and objectives to be accomplished within an agreed upon timetable.
- Facilitate psycho educational groups.
QUALIFIFCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in health/human services, sociology, psychology or social work.
- 2 years of relevant training and experience, including working with victims of domestic violence.
- Must be knowledgeable and sensitive towards domestic violence issues.
- Residential experience preferred.
Schedule - Full Time (weekdays)