On Call Counsel is seeking to fill our paralegal jobs. You will be supporting our practice by preparing documents like affidavits and legal correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files. You will also be asked to file pleadings with court clerks and help prepare for trials by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as required.
• Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
• Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
• Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
• Filing pleadings with court clerk.
• Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
• Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
• Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
• Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
• Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
• Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
• Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
• Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
• Associate degree.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
• Office administration experience.
Equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.