Provides high quality nursing care to meet the needs of the patient and manages/coordinates the delivery of multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of patients.
• Greets and brings patients from waiting room to clinical area
• Prepares, files and organizes patient charts
• Schedules appointments as ordered for patients in the office, for testing, or other physicians
• Assures the patient is properly prepared for the scheduled visit to maintain timely patient flow
• Coordinates testing and outside ancillary services as applicable
• Maintains inventory and ensures proper upkeep, cleaning and testing of medical equipment and supplies
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit
• Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
• Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
• Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
• Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Applying to become a Licensed Practical Nurse is easy! All you need to apply is:
• One-year medical assistant/secretary experience, or graduate of accredited Medical Assistant training program
• Basic medical knowledge and terminology
• Exceptional verbal communication skills and professional bedside manner
Shifts: Friday and Saturday (7AM – 3PM or 3PM to 11PM).
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Health Care, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in social service, educational, clinical and occupational settings. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositionshealthcare.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.