Convention services is seeking a friendly, outgoing individual to fill our assistant jobs.
ASSISTANT JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain registration websites using online event management software
• Manage registration processes including entering/modifying registration data, producing reports and registration lists
• Assisting and responding to attendee inquiries via phone and email in a timely manner
• Manage onsite setup of registration and preparation and dissemination of all materials.
• Management of all onsite volunteers – creating processes and documents for a smooth process onsite
• Assist Event Managers with event logistics which include: menu selection, audio visual RFP’s, event rentals, recruiting and confirming volunteers, videographer and photographer coordination, on-site event support, event data entry and other event production elements
• Update Event Reports on a monthly/weekly/daily basis, as progress and commitments are made
• Work with event coordinator intern to determine schedule of weekly meetings and creation of meeting recaps o Support Partnership team in conducting research to acquire in-kind partnerships for events
• Create and modify existing event attendee surveys
• Coordinate with event manager/marketing to create Post Event Report
• Actively use company systems to manage projects, i.e. Basecamp, Google Docs and Harvest time tracker
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Strong project management, customer service and relationship building skills
• Effective written and verbal communication, able to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific and varied audiences
• Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized, ensuring quality and consistent output, ensuring accurate information for internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to effectively solve problems, think creatively ,make decisions and take action, exercising independent judgment
• Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude and work independently with little guidance
• Ability to adapt, multitask and prioritize competing deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.