The IT Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for a wide spectrum of Infrastructure project work, with a major emphasis on efforts related to the development of the organization’s upcoming relocation strategy and migration from our current site. You will lead and manage large scale and complex initiatives involving latest technology and transition of the organization’s employees from current data centers to new location. Coordinates the development of the migration strategy and tactical plans with business partners and vendors/service providers to transition staff from current data centers to future data centers. You will be responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of internal processes, and drive the cultural, technology, and delivery transformation of the digital platforms in the organization.
• Planning and coordinating activities and resources for key projects and milestones.
• Maintain roadmaps, project plans and dashboards for the organization’s IT team.
• Establish and manage communication channels with stakeholders and business partners regarding project delivery direction and changes.
• Coordinating the development of strategies and project plans to migrate existing business functions and workflows from current data centers to future data centers.
• Gathering data to support business plans with minimum impact and risks.
• Facilitate post implementation retrospectives and use the output to shape future planning.
• Develop and track plans related to data center strategy.
• Setting parameters to determine users to be included in user migration groups.
• Analyzing and managing the required deliverables for data center moves.
• Managing status meetings with teams and service providers to ensure on-time delivery and mitigation.
• Adjusting plans to ensure successful loads of business data and software installation to address identified issues.
• Participating in strategic planning sessions with all teams and management to determine the scope and objectives of each project.
• Manage the overall data center migration plan and risk register.
• Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Applying for a Project Manager position is easy! All you need to apply is:
• 10+ years experience within a technology organization.
• 5+ years experience in Project Management.
• Has worked on complex projects with multi-disciplinary business teams, other than IT or PMO
• Experience with large-scale data center facility design, strategy, and best practices. Specific experience in builds, consolidations and/or relocations is a strong plus.
• Holistic understanding of all data center functions with a working knowledge of server, storage, and network architectures (including co-location models).
• Extensive project and program management experience with a proven track record in successfully leading large scale technology initiatives from a cross-functional perspective.
• Skilled in managing resource contention, stakeholder expectations, vendor relationships, etc.
• Analytical mindset, highly effective at problem solving and decision making.
• A personable and approachable leadership style; can collaborate with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to proactively anticipate project risks and lead others to employ mitigation measures.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
Additional Skills a plus
• Knowledge of IT security
• Knowledge of DR and COOP for business
• Knowledge with backup and recovery software and methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the Information Technology field
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
• PMP Certification or equivalent
This job is presented to you by CompuForce, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in government and private entities. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.compuforce.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.