We are looking for an experienced payroll manager to oversee our company’s payroll system and manage the payroll team. Our payroll managers manage all payroll processing duties, coordinate payroll activities, and supervise payroll staff.
• Performing and posting all union (weekly) and non-union (bi-weekly) payrolls
• Reconciling payroll to ensure earnings coincide with payroll registers
• Administering garnishments, child support, as well as levies
• Certified payroll reporting preparation and tracking as well as OCIP reporting and auditing
• Participating in system upgrades, audits, and other payroll related projects
• Administering year-end processes such as W-2 reconciliations, relocation, etc.
• Reviewing monthly and quarterly payroll account reconciliation received from payroll vendors.
• Completing internal audits to ensure the accuracy of payroll information and assist in union audits
Skills & Experience:
• Associate Degree
• 5+ years of payroll experience (preferably in the construction industry)
• Prior experience processing union and non-union payrolls and processing certified payroll for over 200 employees
• Must have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Fluent in MS Excel and Microsoft Office software.
• Experience with Sage 300 CRE Timberline and About Time preferred.
• Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple business locations
• Strong knowledge of multi-state union reporting, including payment of fringe benefits and dues; understanding of payroll rules and regulations.
• Ability to always maintain discretion and confidentiality
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.