Patient Escorts are dedicated to providing basic support to patients. As a member of the TemPositions’ team, we give you premiere access to some of the largest hospital systems in the Greater New York City area. Advance your career with the support of a staffing company with 60 years’ experience behind you!
Patient Escort/Transporters are needed in the transportation departments of multiple hospitals. Interested candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience working in patient escort or patient transport for a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation center is required. Proof of COVID Vaccination is a must.
• Transport patients to and from exam rooms, laboratories and testing facilities.
• Pick-up and drop off medical specimens to the laboratory.
• Transport patient’s clothes and property from one unit to another.
• Obtain patient escort assignments and schedule from Technical Supervisor or designee of Central Inpatient Transport.
• Maintain records of activates including the time patient is picked up, time of arrival at a specified area and time of patient’s return to their designated area.
• Escort hospital and ambulatory patients traveling by wheelchair, stretcher, or hydraulic stretcher safely and efficiently.
• Assist in transferring patients between beds and transportation equipment.
• Schedule and arrange transport for patients being discharged.
• Assist with the removal of expired bodies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Applying to become a Patient Escort is easy! All you need to apply is:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Minimum.
• 6 months previous transport/escort experience in a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation facility.
• Current BLS (CPR) Certificate.
• Ability to lift patients, push wheelchairs, stretchers, bed stretchers and gurneys.
• Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Work Schedule: (7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am) includes weekends and holidays.
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Health Care, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in social service, educational, clinical and occupational settings. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositionshealthcare.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.