• Provide secretarial support to one or more lawyers at the firm.
• Edit and proofread all legal documents.
• Maintain attorney calendar by scheduling conferences, depositions, and meetings.
• Welcome clients and conduct initial screenings of new clients.
• Go to court proceedings and type minutes.
• Organize all legal documents and ensure they are updated.
• Ensure all court documents are in order and filed before deadlines.
• Answer emails and phone calls, and when necessary, redirect calls.
• Research and authenticate important case information.
• Prepare different legal documents including appeals, motions, and petitions.
• High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
• Associate degree in legal studies or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of legal documents and terminology.
• Skilled with MS Office.
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.