We have open Dietary Aide jobs! We are looking for a detail-oriented dietary aide to assist our dieticians in providing healthy, nutritious meal plans for patients and residents in hospitals, as well as assisted living and nursing homes.
• Sets up assigned trayline station with appropriate items in preparation for meal service.
• Delivers loaded food trucks to patient wards; passes trays to patients with the assistance of nursing for patient identification.
• Picks up meal trays after meal period; returns trays and trucks to kitchen.
• Strips tray waste into garbage cans; runs reusable dishes, utensils and equipment through dishwasher, utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent.
• Cleans tray assembly belt, small and large equipment, walls, fans and all other items and areas of food handling environment, both as part of routine assignments and as directed special assignments.
• Prepares snacks, supplements and tube feedings; dates, labels and delivers to patient units.
• Assist production and/or prepared items for routine and special catering events; delivers, serves and cleans up as per special function needs.
• Store stock appropriately in order to maintain cleanliness and prevent food spoilage.
• Accurately record meals served and monitor temperatures of food.
• Participate in menu planning.
Skills & Experience:
• HS Diploma or Equivalent required.
• Availability to work days, evening, weekends and holidays.
• Minimum 1 year food service, dietary or restaurant experience preferably in a hospital or nursing home setting.
• Familiar with clinical diets.
• Culinary and/or food service experience in a health care facility an asset.
• Able to read and interpret common recipes.
• Willing and able to work well within a team environment.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Able to work quickly and efficiently.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.