On Call Counsel is seeking a junior transactional attorney for a long-term contract position (with the possibility of a permanent job) at a prestigious government agency.
• Assist with the coordination of procurement activities required for the processing of assigned procurement portfolios
• Assist in the pre-solicitation review of the proposed initiatives for Agency Program Areas, which includes the assessment of the appropriateness of the Program Areas recommendation for procurement path/ method
• Maintain procurement databases, such as PASSPort and the Office of Contracts Procurement Tracking System (PTS), to track contract milestones
• Assist in the development of appropriate planning tools, strategies, reports, charts, and logs to document the processing of all Agency and Mayoral procurement initiatives
• Develop reports/correspondence for the ACCO, addressing issues with vendors or contractors who provide goods and services to DSS/ HRA/ DHS
• Actively participate in the conducting of Pre-Proposal Conferences by the Division
Skills & Experience:
• Recently admitted to practice in New York
• Some contracts/procurement experience preferred, but not required. Candidate should at least have a demonstrated interest in doing contracts and/or procurement
• Excellent legal writing skills
• Must be detailed oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.