Great long-term opportunities for Case Managers in a top Transitional Housing program, with immediate needs in Staten Island. This is a great opportunity to have an impact helping people in need in your community through your caseload, providing the successful integration of both the housing and employment goals of each client.
- The Case Manager is responsible for case management services for clients in transitional housing.
- The Case Manager will have an assigned caseload and will be responsible for the successful integration of both the housing and employment goals of each client.
- Commit to using evidence-based practices (EBP); Motivational Interviewing (MI), Trauma-Informed Care (TIC), critical time intervention, and boundary setting, to help clients achieve their goals.
- Conduct orientation with clients and review the facility rules, clients’ rights and responsibilities, grievance/complaint process, emergency disaster procedures, etc.
- Develop an Independent Living Plan (ILP) for each client, which will define the client’s goals (in conjunction with the transitional housing income building specialists, housing specialists, child care staff and recreational staff).
- Assist families in obtaining income and public benefits (i.e., Public Assistance; SSI, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field required.
- One (1) year social service experience or approved equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.