We are looking for a self-motivated and talented communications manager to lead our CompuForce department.
• Collaborate with leadership team to develop an annual communications plan to increase the visibility of Birch, grow base of supporters, and engage all constituency groups.
• Develop key messages and brand strategy to ensure consistent use throughout the organization.
• Create and implement an outreach strategy, including social media, to target audiences to optimize message delivery.
• Strategize and manage the creation of all organizational materials.
• Update leadership of relevant news and regulatory developments.
• Develop and manage content for print and online publications.
• Develop media plans, establish relationships with media outlets, and coordinate press releases.
• Strategically utilize and manage website/blog/social media to increase levels of engagement with the organization, grow its base of supporters and provide public education on the issues of autism, special education, community services, and disability rights.
• Support the agency’s fundraising events with a focus on related messaging, materials, and promotion.
• Support the Development team in preparing competitive grant proposals.
• Identify and direct Birch’s participation in opportunities and events that will promote the importance of Birch’s mission, increase visibility, and demonstrate expertise.
• Consistently produce high-quality deliverables on a timely basis and demonstrate good decision-making.
• Support the CEO in communications with all constituent groups including the Board of Directors.
Skills & Experience:
• BA degree or professional degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience required.
• 3-5 years of Corporate Communications, Marketing, or Non-profit Development experience required.
• Prior experience advocating for autism and developmental disability rights or awareness of the issues surrounding such programs, strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to create content for development outreach and fundraising;
• Proven track record in media relations;
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills including the ability to edit and proof copy for clarity and brevity;
• Strong research skills;
• Exceptional leadership skills and prior experience developing teams, processes, and procedures;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook;
• Strong graphic design skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or other image editing and publication software strongly preferred. Videography skills an added plus;
• Strong working knowledge of social media marketing platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn; proficiency in SEO best practices and Google analytics strongly preferred;
• Highly organized, possessing strong project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities;
• Ability to work effectively independently and in cross-functional groups;
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of organization and external partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.