As an Ultrasound Technician, you will perform vascular ultrasound examinations of lower extremities (and other studies as needed) while balancing the needs of patients. In addition, you will ensure that patients have an excellent experience.
- Perform ultrasound examinations to create a Venous Flow Map for recommending a safe, effective treatment plan.
- Assist the Physician in explaining the treatment plan and how that treatment plan addresses the patient's specific needs.
- Set up and clean-up the ultrasound rooms, procedure rooms, and exam rooms before and after each patient.
- Perform additional ultrasound examinations as required by the treatment plan determined by the Physician.
- Adhere to the standard time allotments for each type of ultrasound exam.
- Work with office staff, administrative staff and Physicians to review the ultrasound schedule and maintain the patient load at an efficient and productive level.
- Develop and maintain quality of work and skills through continued education and interaction with other Ultrasound Technologists.
- Maintain equipment and manage the supply inventory.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Ultrasound program
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT / RVS)
- Cultural sensitivity and excellent patient care skills
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize effectively, and work as part of a team