UI UX Designer
CompuForce is looking for someone who can become full stack
- meaning they can add value from user research and interviews to prototyping,
visual and interaction design. UI/UX Designer responsibilities include
gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation
components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with
design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of
professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications,
we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing
features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Designers are responsible for understanding users in order to define solutions that are useful, usable and desirable
- They should believe that design is not a deliverable, rather it evolves and matures as we learn more about our users.
- Designers that thrive are facilitators who can easily switch between talking with users, product and engineering.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Experience in Sketch App and Zeplin (or equivalent software design software)
- Deep understanding and experience in User Centered Design and Test Driven
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field