On Call Counsel is seeking a Trusts and Estates Paralegal for a well established mid-size law firm. The paralegal will be working in the firm's Garden City, Long Island office.
The ideal paralegal will have trusts and estates experience, specifically experience working with tax preparation and accounting software (e.g., FastTax, ProSystems, OneSource). Rate commensurate with experience.
Please only apply if you have the requisite background and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity. You may submit an updated resume in Word format, which highlights your background and experience as it relates to the position.
- Identifying, gathering, and valuing assets
- Preparing various probate and accounting documents
- Preparing accountings for both estates and trusts
- Preparing death tax returns, including the federal estate tax return and state estate tax returns
- Ancillary estate administration for nonresident alien (international) decedent estates, including preparation of Form 706-NA
- Reviewing and interpreting wills and trust agreements, in collaboration with attorneys, so as to implement the plan during the estate and trust administration process and to fund trusts
- Although attorneys generally research issues of law, the paralegal must be able to use reference materials and perform basic research using a variety of resources
- Undergraduate degree and paralegal certification (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with procedures of courts and regulatory agencies preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office resources (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with PDF software and related scanning and production utilities, and with document management software
- Experience working with tax preparation and accounting software (e.g., FastTax, ProSystems, OneSource) preferred
- Ability to learn and use advanced software programs and new technology
- Desire to seek and attend training to improve skills
- Good understanding of basic business relationships and client confidentiality principles