Our client, a prestigious government agency, is seeking a junior transactional attorney for a long-term contract position (with the possibility of a permanent job).
The attorney will provide assistance by supplying expertise with the development and generation of Request for Proposals (RFPs), as well as with other solicitation methods, such as Negotiation Acquisition and Request for Information.
- Salary: $35/hour
- Location: Manhattan
- Hours: 40/week
- Assist with the coordination of procurement activities required for the processing of assigned procurement portfolios
- Assist in the pre-solicitation review of the proposed initiatives for Agency Program Areas, which includes the assessment of the appropriateness of the Program Areas recommendation for procurement path/ method
- Maintain procurement databases, such as PASSPort and the Office of Contracts Procurement Tracking System (PTS), to track contract milestones
- Assist in the development of appropriate planning tools, strategies, reports, charts, and logs to document the processing of all Agency and Mayoral procurement initiatives
- Develop reports/correspondence for the ACCO, addressing issues with vendors or contractors who provide goods and services to DSS/ HRA/ DHS
- Actively participate in the conducting of Pre-Proposal Conferences by the Division
- Recently admitted to practice in New York
- Some contracts/procurement experience preferred, but not required. Candidate should at least have a demonstrated interest in doing contracts and/or procurement
- Excellent legal writing skills
- Must be detailed oriented
This job is presented to you by On Call Counsel, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in government and private entities. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.oncallcounsel.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.