Tech Support Help Desk Analyst
We are looking for a Tech Support/Help Desk Analyst for one of the top schools in NYC. The Technology Associate will be the first point of contact for all technology hardware and software-related help desk issues, responsible for managing installations & repairs for the network systems. He/she/they will also support operations at the school level by working closely with the Operations & Data team. The Associate will also be a thought partner in strategic technology plan discussions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Help Desk Support
- Support in managing third-party vendor web helpdesk.
- Provide ongoing advice and support to general troubleshooting inquiries for hardware/software problems to staff and families.
- Provide local support and troubleshooting for information and database systems used within the organization.
- Assist with staff-wide professional development presentations on technology, software & applications
- Provide support and training on implementing technology curriculum and tech equipment in the classroom.
Network & Hardware Management
- Work with the Operations Team using existing software to maintain hardware inventory.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to oversee yearly cleaning and repair of devices.
- Oversee procedure for on/off-boarding of employees and students, including training and acclimating employees to hardware and software.
- Prepare hardware for onsite computer-based testing.
- Communicate with third-party network vendors to troubleshoot network repairs.
- Designing and installing networks, connections and cabling
- Troubleshooting system failures and identifying roadblocks in the network
- Evaluating network performance to improve the network
Support School Level Data Systems
- Perform both low and high-level administration tasks.
- Collaborate with systems administrators in essential implementation or upgrades.
The Technology Associate may also assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Technology Manager.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience, competencies and assets:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, IS, Computer Science, or another relevant field required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an IT position, overseeing helpdesk, hardware, & network issues
- Previous experience with network planning and general network best practices
- Strong command of all Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- Experience with SaaS
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware operating systems such as windows operating systems and Chromebooks
- Great time and task management; an ability to prioritize, manage multiple obligations and initiatives and follow through.
- Excellent communicator who can distill and explain complex, technical ideas to a non-technical audience. Strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as on a team and to take direction as needed.
- Strong attention to detail; able to develop and maintain organizational and documentation systems.
- Strong analysis, negotiation, and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of network, server, and cloud protocols
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated team player
- Capacity to develop strong relationships based on trust, respect, effective communication, and shared goals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a commitment to preserving a bold, can-do culture that sustains the organization’s core values.
- Able to take direction and work independently, creatively, and efficiently
- Commitment to leveraging the existing strengths and supporting the continuous evolution of our communities, students, families, and staff members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.