Tech & New Media Attorney
On Call Counsel is seeking a Technology and New Media Associate to assist in the facilitation of all phases of legal advice for the digital and technology operations. The successful candidate will be eager and experienced and must specifically excel in high visibility, high stress, and “roll-up-your-sleeves” environments.
- Work closely with and under guidance of the VP to serve as a go-to legal service provider across multiple business lines.
- Draft and support execution of key agreements including technology license agreements, technology staff augmentations, digital development agreements, various licensing agreements and key service provider agreements; provide strategic legal and business counsel in negotiating and structuring same.
- Provide legal support to the organization’s data privacy practices.
- Stay abreast of market and industry trends in the various entertainment, sports and media sectors, including associated data privacy and security matters.
- 5-7 years of related legal and business affairs experience, with increasing levels of responsibility (blend of law firm and in-house experience preferred).
- Experience as counsel to a company engaged in the entertainment, sports or media industries strongly desired.
- Experience practicing with a top tier law firm a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of technology transactions strongly desired.
- Outstanding negotiating, drafting and proactive client-service/support skills and high level of comfort providing business-savvy legal counsel.
- Ability to collaborate proactively with multiple departments across the company and its multiple lines of business.
- Creative, business-friendly approach to problem solving.
- Solution-oriented approach and philosophy, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, sound judgment, outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills, exceptional organization and management reporting skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Strong academic credentials from an ABA accredited law school and Bar admission (Connecticut or New York Bar a plus).