Teacher Recruitment Event – August 28th and August 29th
School Professionals is holding a Teacher Recruitment Event, Wednesday, August 28th, and Thursday, August 29th, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM. We are seeking effective, committed, and resourceful teachers, assistant teachers, tutors, and teacher aides for our substitute teaching programs in NYC private and charter schools.
At School Professionals, you will find:
· A business with 57 years of experience and a team of staffing professionals.
· Day and night phone service, plus personal online access to view your jobs, timeslips, paystubs, and more!
· Qualification for enrollment in Medical, Dental, and 401k plans, as well as eligibility for Transit Cheks and Childcare Assistance
· Supplementary compensation, including, anniversary pay, monthly prize programs, and unlimited referral bonuses.
· Your choice of where, when, and what you want to teach from our 400+ NYC schools!
· Please arrive within the scheduled time period, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM.
· Our address is 622 3rd Avenue, 39th Floor
· Please bring a resume that clearly lists your teaching experience.
· Please apply online in advance, in order to schedule a time slot with our recruiters (However, if you cannot schedule a time slot in advance, please arrive early to complete an application in our office!)
Your responsibilities as a substitute teacher, assistant teacher, tutor, or teacher aide will include:
- Carrying out the professional duties of a classroom employee
- Adhering to school policies and School Professionals policies
- Possessing a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Reporting for scheduled work reliably and punctually
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and supportive classroom environment
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalency
Experience: At least 6+ months experience in a teaching, childcare or analogous position.
OR Any of the Following
- a semester of student teaching
- enrollment in or completion of a Master’s in Education
- 6+ months of experience as an after school teacher or assistant teacher, day care, summer camp counselor, Sunday school teacher or similar experience working with children, aged 2-6 years.