Systems Administrator II
Position Objective: The systems administrator is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining servers and other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
Primary Program: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, IT Infrastructure
Major duties and responsibilities:
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS
- Understand and support 24/7 infrastructure and business-critical applications
- Cloud migration experience (on-prem -> hybrid cloud)
- Knowledge of (AD, O365, Azure) user account and device maintenance
- Configure and install various computer and Windows servers
- Knowledge of system imaging systems such as SCCM, MDT
- Knowledge of writing and maintaining basic scripts such as Powershell, batch, and python (optional)
- Knowledgeable in Hyper-V and VMWare
- Knowledge of backup systems like Backup Exec, windows server backups, Synology NAS, Buffalo NAS
- Knowledgeable in network configuration and support (Cisco switches, routers, firewalls)
- Windows 10 OS and MAC OS experience
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications under the supervision of a more senior engineer
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs OS patches
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software related issues
- Performs periodic review of accounts and security settings per audit requirements
- Provides level II help support assistance to the PC Support department
- Monitors ticketing system and addresses issues in a timely manner as needed
- Opens support tickets with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues as needed
- Responds to operational needs which may involve working after hours and/or travel to resolve issues
- Provide after-hours support for areas of responsibility as required
- Maintain documentation for server architecture and disaster recovery procedures
- Other duties as assigned
? Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree.
? 3-4 years of knowledge of server administration or related areas.
? Ability to write technical documentation.
? Good problem-solving skills.
? Good verbal and written communications skills.
? Must work well in a team environment.
? Ability to learn independently.
? Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
? Solid working knowledge and background in the following:
? Server operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; enterprise backup and recovery procedures; and system performance monitoring.
? Scripting and automation tools; Microsoft and Apple technologies in a hybrid enterprise.
?Microsoft Active Directory, Office365, MS Azure, AWS.
? Virtualization (Microsoft, VMware, AWS).
? Operating system upgrade and patching.
? Supporting enterprise-level.
? Ability to communicate at a technical and non-technical level.
? Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility while performing multiple tasks.
? Windows 10-11, Windows Servers (2008 R2 – 2022)
? Linux servers
? AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO, NPS, KMS, IIS, RDS
? Cisco and Meraki networks configuration and maintenance (firewall, switches, routers, and AP)
? Dell Enterprise servers (PowerEdge), HP Enterprise servers (Proliant)
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.