Dates of Project: September 18th to October 4th (Plan is to break it into 5 day incremental 18th to the 22nd , no work on the 23rd, will survey the 24th through the 28th, no work on the 29th and then will do the 30th through the 4th)
Shifts: 6-8-hour shifts. Weekday and weekend work no more than 40 hours/week. Individual shifts may begin as early as 5 am or end as late as 9 pm. However, most shift would be between 7am – 6pm. We can provide you with more specifics a bit closer to project start.
Locations: We will primarily be working out of the Hempstead Station, but we will likely have days working out of other locations within Nassau Co. where the bus runs
Project description: Onboard survey for the bus company. Expected to ride the bus and hand out a paper survey instrument to each boarding passenger and collect it before they get off the bus. Training is required.
- Our goal is to recruit well-spoken, confident individuals with a professional appearance and demeanor. Our criteria for selection include the following:
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Bilingual in Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin), French Creole, Italian, or Persian/Farsi preferred but not required
- An outgoing personality who is comfortable speaking to strangers
- Previous sales experience preferred (while this is not a sales position, we have found that people who excel at sales also do well surveying)
- Ability to read, understand a bus schedule and map is a plus
- Ability to conform with appearance standards (dress code – black or khaki pants, polo or collared shirt or blouse, and comfortable closed-toe shoes. NO shorts, ball caps, logos, or athletic wear will be permitted.)
- The physical ability to board and ride the bus unassisted (not prone to motion-sickness)
- Punctuality (ability to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the shift)
- Must own a cell phone (that will remain on their person for the entire shift) for communicating with field supervisory personnel is required