The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all maintenance in the family shelter. The Superintendent ensures a clean and safe environment for the clients, staff, and visitors at all times.
- Ensure all mechanical systems are inspected regularly and as required by the NYC Department of Buildings.
- Ensure preventive maintenance activities are conducted on a scheduled basis.
- Monitor and maintain records concerning building maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate daily building and routine unit inspections with Maintenance Workers to ensure that the building is clean and in good repair.
- Report all findings to the Maintenance Director with a corrective plan.
- Supervise Maintenance Workers.
- Ensure that all building repairs are being made in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Use MDS property management system to monitor and track repairs, ensure work orders and maintenance complaints are documented
- Ensure that client repair complaints are resolved and completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the maintenance of the office space, program areas and other common areas (inside and outside) of the building to ensure that all areas are kept clean and free of debris at all times.
- Monitor inventory of equipment, furniture, supplies, and goods.
- Responsible for ensuring the security of inventory and maintaining all necessary supplies.
- Ensure supplies are available for use as needed.
- Responsible for properly securing all inventory and maintaining all necessary supplies.
- Responsible for and ensuring snow removal as needed.
- Must be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college, technical or vocational training a plus
- Knowledge of building systems and HVAC Valid Class D or E driver's license Ten (10) years of experience in facility management, repairs, plumbing and electrical systems
- Three (3) years of experience as a supervisor
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus