School Professionals is recruiting substitute teachers and substitute assistant teachers for potential floater roles in Yonkers. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Fluency in Spanish is required. Previous Special Education experience is a plus.
As a substitute floater, teachers will move between classrooms and grade levels (preschool-high school) in order to provide on-the-spot coverage as needed. Assignments are expected to be live-instruction. Roles are for an immediate start in Spring 2021 and may have the potential to extend through the summer.
Your responsibilities as a substitute teacher will include:
- Carrying out the professional duties of a classroom teacher
- Adhering to school policies and School Professionals policies
- Possessing a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Reporting for scheduled work reliably and punctually
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and supportive classroom environment
Applying to become a School Professionals teacher is easy! All you need to apply is:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: At least 3+ months experience in a teaching, childcare or analogous position with preschool-college
OR Any of the Following
- a semester of student teaching
- enrollment in or completion of a Masters in Education