We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to work within a non-profit housing organization in the White Plains, NY area. Interested candidates would be responsible for general accounting tasks regarding selected accounts receivable and accounts payable. Ideal candidates must be professional with 4-5 years of accounting experience.
- Follow all accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures and any new accounting procedures put in place
- Analyze vendor expenditures and inform management of trends and concerns
- Manage vendor files to ensure all w-9 forms and certificates of insurance are received
- Prepare reports for property management as needed
- Monitor invoice aging and insure timeliness of vendor payments
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Prepare checks for CFO review and signature
- Verify invoice payment approval, code invoices, and enter accounts payable into sub-ledger
- Assist upper management with audits, miscellaneous projects, and department goals
- Process monthly accounts receivable billing and compile invoices
- Process and pay monthly utility and maintenance invoices
- Assist in managing vendor files to ensure all w-9 forms and certificates of insurance are received when needed
- 4-5 years of general accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills
- Motivated and a fast learner
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with math and calculations
- Basic competency in MS Office and Accounting Software
This job is presented to you The TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities across a variety of industries and careers. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.