Emeryville, CA Law Firm is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Paralegal / Litigation. This position will support one of the Partners of the Firm and her team of Associates in the area of Labor and Employment Law, including individuals and class actions.
• Drafting of correspondence, notices, and multiple legal documents such as pleadings and shell discovery; review of briefs and preparation of Tables of Contents and Authorities.
• Filing and service of documents for State and Federal Courts.
• Legal research via Westlaw and the web, including cross-checking of citations, investigations in to individuals, locating corporate Registered Agents, etc.
• Further legal research with respect to State and Federal Courts’ Local Rules and Procedures, Judges’ bios and legal history, etc.
• Assist attorneys in preparation for depositions, mediations, hearings, trial and arbitration, including locating necessary documents, printing and organization of documents, preparation of binders, etc.
• Proficiency in the discovery process, including review and indexing of productions, locating and identifying necessary information, bates stamping and redacting of documents
• Maintain the team’s calendar, including tracking of calls, events, deadlines, reminders and tasks; also maintain database of case information, including court venues, case numbers, judicial assignments, co-counsel and opposing counsel contact information, etc.
• Facilitate team meetings, including preparing agenda and tracking notes/updates.
• Communicate with clients, vendors and third parties.
• Manage travel arrangements for team.
• Assist other secretaries and support staff as needed.
• A minimum of three years of legal experience handling cases in both State and Federal courts
• Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State Court rules and procedures
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Applicant must be pro-active and a self-starter
• Proficiency with Adobe, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of various legal platforms such as Westlaw, SharePoint, Relativity, and CaseFleet preferred, but not required
• Fluent in Spanish preferred, but not required
• Paralegal certificate preferred, but not required