The primary focus of this role will be counseling publicly held companies on matters such as legal strategies, regulatory requirements, disclosure, SEC and stock exchange compliance. Experience counseling corporate clients in internal and external investigations, control contests, shareholder activism, accounting restatements and major strategic initiatives is preferred.
- Strong drafting, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work directly with directors and senior managers, business owners and investors as general corporate counsel and as a strategic advisor
- Deep knowledge of the business trends of public companies, corporate governance and compliance standards including Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank
- Experience in advising public company executives and directors on corporate governance, disclosure and investor relations matters.
- Experience in drafting periodic disclosure documents (8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and similar), proxy statements and registration statements.
- Experience in advising clients regarding listing requirements of various exchanges.
- Experience in complex corporate transactions, including public and private company M&A, joint ventures, investments, financing and corporate restructuring
- Strong project management ability; ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Strong academic credentials
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a law firm's Corporate group
- Team Player and motivation to succeed as a group
International experience a plus