Special Education Teachers
School Professionals is now recruiting teachers to fill permanent positions in Manteca, Stockton, and Lathrop. The positions are for Math Teachers (middle and high school) and Special Education throughout 27 schools.
Under general direction, is responsible for conducting educational classes for math or special education to middle and high school students in accordance with the needs of the students and in accordance with the regulations and requirements of the applicable governmental and other regulatory agencies.?
Highlights of what the schools offer:
A Student-Centered Culture
• Robust Visual and Performing Arts programs
• Advanced Placement District Honor Roll Recipient
• Award Winning High School Academic and Athletic Teams
• Environmentally friendly campuses with solar power, wind power, composting, and recycling
• Traditional high schools use an innovative 4 x 4 block schedule
• Rigorous academics through adopted New California Standards curriculum
• Recognition as a Microsoft Global Showcase Technology District
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Teacher will include but are not limited to the following.
•Performing the professional duties of a classroom teacher
•Possessing a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
•Adheres to school policies
•Reporting for scheduled work reliably and punctually
•Maintaining a clean, safe, and supportive classroom environment
• Plans and conducts classes/activities adapted to needs of students.?
• Implements and evaluates short and long-term goals and objectives.
• Provides educational assessment and evaluation on students annually in all educational domains.
• Prepares and adapts all individual and group lesson plans and materials, equipment and furniture arrangement and necessary modifications of environment.?
• Maintains records of daily attendance and progress. Writes periodic progress reports, annual reports and other data as requested.?
• Ensures that services are rendered to students with utmost regard for their personal dignity, privacy, and confidentiality.
• Participates in activities outside the classroom where necessary i.e., trips, pool, gym, libraries, lab, etc.
• Serves and participates as a member at interdisciplinary team meetings, Annual Reviews, Parent Meetings, Special Review Committee meetings, In-Services, etc. as required.
• Attends regular staff meetings, student reviews, district meetings and conferences.?
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE?
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and passing Basic Skills Requirement. Basic Skills can be through CBEST, CSET, or coursework. Also, must be in a credential program if you do not already possess a credential.
Up to 21 service years of experience count for salary placement or credentialed required.
BENEFITS AND OFFERINGS
Leading salaries in the area - $59,792 - $111,640 (depending on experience and credentials)
• Contributions to medical, dental, and vision
• Free 2-YearTeacher Induction Program
• Stipends for special education teachers with full credentials
• Up to 21 service years count for salary placement
• Digital learning deployed TK-12 with 1 :1 student per computer Initiative
A culture of collaborative thinkers and problem solvers
• Classified Training Certification Program to provide opportunities for advancement
• Curriculum support via on line and in-person training
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged