School Professionals is searching for an Elementary Special Education Teacher for a well-established, successful, mission-based charter school in Harlem. Excellent salary + BONUS and excellent benefits. *State Certification in Special Education Grades 1 through 6 REQUIRED.
- Evaluate Individual Education Plans (IEPs)-related documents to devise the best plan for each student and then review IEPs with fellow teachers, administration and parents.
- Collaborate with general education teachers how best to support students' educational, social, emotional and physical needs.
- Devise a personalized lesson plan and format to each student's specific needs.
- Track and document each student's progress using proper assessments and specific criteria.
- Promote high academic standards for all students while infusing a lasting desire to learn.
- Stay in keeping with school's policy on behavior and discipline while maintaining an orderly environment for learning.
- Maintain schedules and required documentation to meet designated deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues and parents.
- Foster an environment of warmth and love for the students to excel.
- State Certification in Special Education grades 1-6 a MUST.
- Master's Degree (preferred).
- 2+ Years of Classroom Teaching.
- Goal-oriented for student achievement.
- Collaborate with peers to improve teaching methodology and learning.
- Must have a commitment to both the success of the students in a positive, supportive environment.