Software Engineer II
Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
** Salary $90K and above ** (Remote opportunity for now but will require in-office at a later time)
Our client is looking for a software engineer to join their programming team as it grows. The ideal candidate understands industry best practices and has experience with multiple programming languages. The right candidate is a team player possessing strong analytical, technical skills with a passion for making great software.
- Assist in developing, and implementing software applications with an emphasis on rich client web-based applications and analytics under close supervision of the Lead Architect.
- In collaboration with the Lead Programmer, maintain and improve upon existing systems, infrastructure, and software.
- Work closely with project managers, UI/UX designers, developers, and data analysts.
- Write clear and concise Python/Django code for internal systems and platforms.
- Write technical specifications and documentation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years software development or programming experience.
- A thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, and data structures.
- Extensive experience with Java, Python, C++, and other programming languages.
- Have worked with CI tools, Github, and deployment tooling.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix and shell scripts.
- Experience working with Windows, PowerShell, HyperV.
- The ability to analyze complex technical information.
*Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.