On Call Counsel is seeking an Associate Attorney with 3 - 5 years of settlement negotiation experience. This is a temp to perm opportunity and will be located in downtown Brooklyn. Candidates must have at least three years of substantive litigation experience and must be licensed and in good standing with the New York State bar. The pay rate during the temp period will range from $35 to $40 per hour depending on experience.
- Negotiating and implementing the settlement of claims, including attorney's fees
- Researching state and federal case law specifically as it pertains to settlement negotiations
- Reviewing, editing, and approving stipulations of settlements
- Working with outside counsel and evaluating their demands
- Understanding and educating others about impartial hearing orders
- Actively licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of New York
- Prior settlement experience
- Recent substantive litigation experience
- Experience reviewing and summarizing case material and legal documents
- Candidates must have strong analytic, research, writing, and communication skills
- If you have the requisite background and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please submit an updated resume in Word format, which highlights your recent substantive litigation and settlement background as it relates to the position.