On Call Counsel is seeking an Associate Attorney with 3 - 5 years of settlement negotiation experience. This is a temp to perm opportunity and will be located in downtown Brooklyn. Candidates must have at least three years of substantive legal experience and must be in good standing with the New York State bar association.
- Confers with special education specialists, technical experts, and other attorneys, including counsel for litigants.
- Negotiates and implements the settlement of claims.
- Reviews and negotiates claims for attorney’s fees.
- Researches state and federal case law and implications for settlement negotiations.
- Works with public advocacy groups, parents and private attorneys to arrive at mutually beneficial settlements.
- Reviews, revises and approves stipulations of settlements.
- Analyzes the relative strength of impartial hearing cases and evaluates the appropriateness of plaintiffs’ demands.
- Acts as a liaison with the Office of Corporation Counsel on attorney’s fee matters.
- 3 - 5 years of settlement negotiation experience
- Experience reviewing and summarizing case material and legal documents
- Admitted and in good standing with the New York State Bar Association