A top IT solutions provider, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist that will report directly to the Controller. This is a highly visible role with definite room for future growth within the company.
The right individual will be an integral member of the Accounting & Finance team, working closely with the Controller to take full ownership of the Accounts Receivable function. This Senior AR Specialist supports the company’s goals by collecting on past due customer accounts, including resolution of discrepancies. This person will define and measure progress against certain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as define and institute a credit and collections policy. They should be motivated with a demonstrated understanding of finance and accounting and have shown progressive advancement in his/her roles.
- Maintain an efficient process to ensure timely collections, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs
- Respond effectively to customer inquiries in a timely fashion
- Prepare regular (weekly, monthly, etc.) reports for distribution to various members, including, but not limited to, A/R Agings, Collections reports, and Issues/Disputes
- Ensure all credits are properly posted against invoices
- Review and improve on processes currently in place to reduce redundancies, and increase efficiency
- Utilize QuickBooks daily to enter all relevant data
- Maintain the bank reconciliation on a daily basis, keeping the account up to date
- Keep Controller informed of any unusual events and/or deviations of policies or procedures
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all level of employees
- Handle AR related problems, anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving as necessary
- Cross-train in other Accounting areas.
- Demonstrate initiative and forward thinking, as the company continues its rapid expansion.