We are seeking a qualified Senior Accountant for a prestigious private equity firm in Greater CT. The Senior Accountant will assist in the closing of quarterly books and records, including interfacing directly with the firm’s service providers.
- Preparation of daily available cash reporting.
- Quarterly accounting reconciliations, audit committee materials, and preparation of the SEC filings.
- Coordination with the firm’s portfolio management and operations teams for daily reporting and special projects.
- Investment Company (1940 Act) accounting experience a plus.
- Accounting degree, B.S. or equivalent, required; master’s degree is a plus.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Experienced with preparation of quarterly financials and maintaining supporting documentation.
- Candidate must be highly detailed oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, and willing to work long hours when required.
- Candidate must have solid Excel skills (macro skills a plus, but not required).
- Familiarity with accounting concepts including: ASC-325-40, Beneficial Interest in Securitized Financial Assets (effective yield accounting); ASC-820, Fair Value Measurement and Disclosure; consolidation concepts under ASC Topic 946-810.
- Knowledge and experience with private equity and hedge fund accounting concepts such as waterfall, partner’s capital allocation, capital calls/distributions, investor reporting and performance fee/management fee a plus.