- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid. measures for students as needed.
- Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
- Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies.
- Other School Nurse duties as assigned.
- Hours are: Monday through Thursday 7am-3:30pm, and Friday 7am-12pm
- Licensed RN in the state of CT
- 3+ years experience in Nursing field