This position is responsible for general sanitation work. Sanitation workers clean up after production shifts by breaking down the production equipment, scrub, scrape, wash, and sanitize to perfect sanitary conditions, all within the normal two hour down periods. The machinery is then released by QA for the next shift. This position will work on call as needed for emergencies and perform principal responsibilities of sanitation with primary responsibility to assigned department.
This position is also responsible for understanding related Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMPs to ensure safety and quality of employees and products.
The job duties include responsibility for assuring food safety and for food quality for Steven & Charles products.
A supervisor or other person of authority should be notified if any issues or threats to food safety or food quality are observed.
· Responsible for wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Perform tasks associated with general sanitation – to include: scrub, scrape, and wash equipment to perfect sanitary condition
· Break down production equipment
· Prepare machinery for next shift
· Keep plant trash removed on a timely basis
· Report and resolve food safety issues
· Be aware of your surroundings as the floors are slippery
· Follow sanitation dress code standards and maintains good personal hygiene
· Follow sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
· Perform assignments in accordance with established GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) policies and procedures
· Perform scheduled tasks on the Master Sanitation Schedule
· Able to learn how to clean and sanitize equipment, pans, racks, molds, utensils, etc.
· Sweep, mop, clean, and sanitize floors
· Able to learn how to operate floor scrubbing equipment and pressure washer
· Participate in ongoing training sessions for the Sanitation Department
· Mandatory participation in weekly deep-cleaning operations to ensure plant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized
· Maintain clean outside grounds and office areas
· Clean and sanitize employee restrooms
· Clean and sanitize freezers and ovens
· Perform all work assignments for position in accordance with specifications, instructions, and requirements
· Demonstrate good verbal communication skills
· Understand the management of Quality Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s)
· Other duties as assigned
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must have a flexible schedule which includes availability to work overtime
· Work schedule requires flexibility in shift hours as staff will need to stay until tasks are completed
· Standard work schedule includes weekends
· Must be able to read and write in either English or Spanish
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to stand for at least 10 hours per day
· Able to work in a hot and/or cold environments
· Use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms
· Stoop, kneel, and bend
· Able to stay focused in a loud working environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and is required to ask for assistance if weight is exceeded
· Exposure to environmental changes (heat, cold, dampness, chemicals)
· Working conditions; manufacturing environment requiring strict work/safety rules approximately 100% of the time.