Revenue Specialist- Revenue Cycle, Billing
The Revenue Specialist role will assist with billing reconciliations during Hospital’s EPIC software launch period while supporting three campuses
- Acts as a liaison between insurance carriers and collection specialists.
- Verifies all claims are on file and being processed.
- Provides any supporting documentation needed by insurance carrier.
- Advises collections specialists of claims that are denied.
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains any necessary pre-authorizations.
- Assists Team Leader on special projects and/or assignments.
- Adheres to HIPAA and other regulations.
- High school diploma (college degree a plus)
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in medical billing with a billing company or healthcare facility
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- EPIC software experience and knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-10, and procedural modifiers.
- Proficient with EMR software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience following-up with insurance companies and patients for complete claims processing and maximum payment.
- Familiarity with commercial insurances, Medicare, PPO, HMO, Workers Compensation, No-Fault carriers and their guidelines.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Self-motivated and approach tasks with a positive, proactive demeanor.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in-person.