We are currently seeking Respiratory Therapist for a Healthcare facility located in the lower Fairfield County area.
- Performs patient education and training to ensure effective self therapy after discharge and to promote preventive measures.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all department policies and procedures to assure the competent administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic modalities of Respiratory Care, including Oxygen administration, medication administration, Chest physiotherapy, mechanical ventilation, arterial blood gas puncture and analysis and recognizes adverse conditions and takes corrective action when necessary
- Accesses clinical data and accurately inputs data using the computerized information systems available at the facility
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of all equipment used by the department including its operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, and processing.
- Attends Medical Services Department, Respiratory Care Department and staff meetings and is responsible for knowing the contents discussed at all meetings.
- Must have graduated from an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy and
- Must hold a current Connecticut State license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Must be registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.