On Call Counsel is looking for a Legal Research Attorney with 1-3 years of research experience. In this role, the candidate will be working with a NY City Agency on a temporary project expected to last at least six months. This role is perfect for an entry-level attorney who enjoys & excels at legal research and writing.
On Call Counsel is a division of The TemPositions Group of Companies, one of the country’s largest privately-owned full-service staffing firms offering services to the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California markets. Whether you need a qualified legal professional on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct-hire basis, we can assure the perfect match of efficiency and excellence.
- Review and analyze high volume of cases
- Track and analyze federal and state law
- Perform in-depth research analysis of state & federal statutes and case law that pertain to individual case
- Write legal memos by applying appropriate research and statute findings to each case’s facts
- Apply appropriate legal (blue-book) citation to findings
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Barred in New York state
- 1-3 years of experience in conducting legal research and case analysis
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Westlaw or Lexis Nexis
Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment