Remote Program Manger Mobile Crisis
Reports to: Director of Crisis Continuum
LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES TO START AS OF SEPTEMBER 2022
Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Currently, our client is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join one of their newest ventures in support of a 24/7/365 crisis helpline that will change the accessibility for anyone trying to cope with mental or emotional challenges which could be life threatening.
The Program Manager for Mobile Crisis Coordination will be responsible for 1) managing a wide range of high-level strategic planning activities that build crisis helpline network center’s capacity to become regional crisis center hubs, including coordination with mobile crisis response; 2) identifying best practices and developing protocols and policies to support mobile crisis dispatch; and 3) building diverse partnerships that advance those strategic planning activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage major projects that strengthen coordination and collaboration between the crisis helpline and the larger continuum of crisis services, with a focus on mobile crisis coordination.
- Organize and manage a large network center convening that highlights diverse examples of centers that model regional hub components; identifies core elements and challenges to implementation, as well as potential solutions; and solicits input on recommended guidance and other technical assistance the field could use. Conduct other formative research and develop guidance and tools to support crisis helpline network centers evolution into crisis helpline state/regional crisis center hubs.
- Manage the implementation of a Mobile Crisis Summit that brings together crisis helpline centers, mobile crisis teams, and other key stakeholders to begin building consensus around crisis helpline center-mobile crisis coordination; identify barriers and facilitators to, and common elements of coordination; and solicit input on needs and recommendations related to ongoing technical assistance and support.
- Work with crisis helpline leadership to assist in the development and coordination of a future community of practice focused on strengthening crisis helpline-mobile crisis coordination and collaboration.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with our client staff, committees, boards, as well as external organizations and institutions to pursue crisis helpline-mobile crisis engagement-focused initiatives, meet project goals and timelines, review work products, and coordinate communications and outreach strategies.
- Monitor progress of contracts with vendors in support of goals for coordination and collaboration with mobile crisis.
- Create briefing materials, plan and participate in meetings and workgroup facilitation, and synthesize learnings from input gathered.
- Provide support with report writing, budget development, and other deliverables.
- In coordination with our client staff, contracted vendors, and governmental entities, manage the development of project plans, communication with project teams, coordination of resources, and tracking of project deliverables.
- Responds to requests for support from crisis helpline leadership or our client executive staff.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree public health, policy, (e.g., MPH, MPA, MSW) or other health- related fields) or comparable professional experience
- Previous experience in contact center or other crisis services preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in a relevant field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish productive and collaborative relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to navigate complex decision-making involving multiple stakeholder groups; Great judgment and effective and creative leadership ability
- Ability to quickly absorb complex, technical documents and brief the Executive team; Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, prioritize duties, and balance competing priorities while paying close attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress
- Ability to respond to telephones and other auditory stimulation
Salary: $80 - $87K
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.