Remote Grants Manager
Reports to: Director of Special Projects
Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Currently, our client is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join one of their newest ventures in support of a 24/7/365 crisis helpline that will change the accessibility for anyone trying to cope with mental or emotional challenges which could be life threatening.
Position Overview: The Grants Manager will be responsible for the planning, organization, and preparation of federal grant submissions and reports for the crisis helpline.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the planning and management of grants including amendments and reports for crisis helpline; provides guidance and assistance to staff in the interpretation of funding requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between our client leadership, Finance, Operations, and Corporate Excellence Divisions and federal agencies in the preparation of federal funding reports; researches agency requirements, writes report narrative and summaries, and assists business operations staff with the preparation of comprehensive budget justifications.
- Prepares and compiles all components of each submission, ensuring that the report is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Develops and maintains databases and systems for recording and tracking grant awards and progress on deliverables; collaborates with staff to write standard and special reports, summaries, and analyses, as required.
- Develops and maintains a library of reference documentation, including information such as past awards and post-award documentation, funding agency requirements and forms, staff profiles and curriculum vitae, abstracts and reference literature, and other pertinent material.
- In collaboration with Corporate Finance, monitors and coordinates the administration of post-award grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and agency requirements are being followed; manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period, including the submission of post-award amendments.
- Maintains knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminates and/or presents changes to departments and advises on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, policy, business or comparable experience
- 3+ years of experience working on federal government grants
- Understanding of uniform administrative requirements and cost principles for federal awards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish productive and collaborative relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to navigate complex decision-making involving multiple stakeholder groups; Great judgment and effective and creative leadership ability
- Ability to quickly absorb complex, technical documents and brief the Executive team; Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, prioritize duties, and balance competing priorities while paying close attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure.
Salary: $80K - $90K
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.