Remote Associate Vice President Network Engagement
Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Position Overview: The AVP, Network Engagement is responsible for driving engagement at the center, system, and potentially state levels to ensure that all people, processes, and structures are in place to enable the operating efficiency required to effectively implement and grow crisis helpline’s services. They will provide specific oversight of wellness initiatives and ensures progress on a robust crisis care continuum.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds organizational capabilities at crisis helpline, driving efficiencies and harmonizing core programs and services with strategic engagement at the center and system levels (50%)
- Leads the following departments: Center engagement, Crisis continuum (incl. Knowledge and referrals), and Wellness
- Assures crisis helpline leadership in facilitating collaborations between local centers and continuum of crisis services (e.g., MCTs, 911)
- Fosters community and cohesion across the network, bringing centers together to operate in unison by intentionally and authentically developing trusting and collaborative relationships at all levels, and building long-term partnerships to ensure network-wide success
- As needed, manages relationships with state agencies and collaborates with state officials on state-wide performance management in alignment with crisis helpline network agreement requirements, best practices, etc.
- Collaborates with department leaders to ensure operational effectiveness and cross-functional efficiencies are in place across crisis helpline local centers
- Advises AVP, Network Services on key crisis helpline network planning issues, making recommendations on major decisions
- Creates a cohesive team with a culture of cross-departmental collaboration (30%)
- Cultivates and builds relationships across different teams at multiple senior levels, internally and externally
- Works with direct reports on performance management activities such as performance reviews and development discussions
- Oversees all projects and assignments within Engagement scope, reporting out on strengths, wins, and areas of opportunity
- Other activities (20%)
- Ensures compliance with relevant quality standards, operational and risk policies and procedures, and control across crisis helpline in alignment with the strategic objectives to guarantee legislative and policy compliance
- Engages in professional development activities (e.g., leadership and DEIB trainings)
- Dedicates time to mentoring employees throughout our client (may be outside crisis helpline)
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships across different teams at multiple senior levels, internally and externally
- Deep experience in developing and executing strategic plans at department level and below
- Effectively allocates resources and prioritizes projects within budget to get things done
- Outstanding communications skills (presentations to key stakeholders, public forums, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills (e.g., problem definition & structuring)
- Excellent leadership skills in building, developing, and managing a strong team
- Ability to delegate to achieve right level of involvement on day-to-day decisions
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Cross-functional program management experience at senior leadership level
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership strategy or operations role at a nonprofit
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, or master’s degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Policy, or Social Sciences (e.g., MPH, MPA, MSW or other health-related fields) preferred
- Interest in mental health/suicide prevention strongly preferred
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress
- Ability to respond to telephones and other auditory stimulation
Salary: $140K - $150K
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.