Our client, a Global Financial Services Organization, is adding a Reinsurance Accounting Manager and an AVP of Reinsurance Accounting to their team (2 different level positions).
In these positions, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervise Reinsurance Accounting teams & processing of reinsurance transactions
- Participate in Development of Reinsurance Agreements
- Support GAAP and STAT reporting, the Annual Statement Preparation, Schedule F, form BE48. etc. (Regulatory and State Reporting Requirements).
- Manage Adherence to Internal Controls.
- Responsible for the development of Staff with regards to advancing their knowledge with premiums, losses, funds held, deposit accounting, collateral, cash allocations and recoveries.
- Implementation and review of non-routine reinsurance transactions (loss portfolio transfers, adverse development covers, commutations, etc.)
- Oversee broker/reinsurer reporting and billing including statements/bordereau reviews.
- Communicate and collaborate with Controllers Group, FP&A and functioning in a high visibility senior management level with reinsurance placement (ceded Re), finance controllers, actuarial, treasury, claims, legal, systems, etc.), product line management, reinsurance intermediaries and reinsurers.
The positions Requires:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA MBA preferred
- 7-12+ years of experience with Reinsurance Financial Reporting in Property Casualty Insurance reporting, both STATutory and GAAP reporting is preferred (aka: Yellowbook, Annual Statement)
- Big 4 foundation a plus
- Professional communication skills, written and verbal
- Supervisory skills
- Detail Oriented approach
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Problem Solving Skills
- Leadership and executive level interaction and presence
Great Fringe Benefits and Opportunity for Internal Advancement:
Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans with match program, and Aggressive Paid Time Off. Hybrid / Partially remote commute.