ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Registered Nurse - Residential will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a member of interdisciplinary team and is responsible for coordinating and following through on provisions of health care services for assigned residences.
- Conducts training for staff in medical administration, personal hygiene, basic first aid, dental hygiene, infection control, adaptive equipment, vital signs, signs and symptoms of illness and other in-services as may be necessary to meet needs of individuals in each residence.
- Handles control of communicable diseases and infections through identification and assessment, reporting to consulting physician and implementation of appropriate protective and preventive measures and staff training in regard to infection control.
- Develops, supervises implementation of, reviews and revises each resident’s written health care plan that is developed and implemented according to instructions of a physician and assessment. This plan should be reviewed and revised as needed.
- Integrates therapeutic intervention techniques into programs or home of person served through consultation with parent/guardian and staff at team meetings, case conferences or through other informal contacts.
- Develops a written plan for each resident to provide nursing services as a part of total habilitation programs.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and annual reviews as required by each division.
- Monitors required staff health records and provides tests in accordance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Provides immediate first aid with referral to outside emergency services or private physician.
- Maintains a tickler for all appointments; schedule appointments and follows up on physicians’ recommendations. Makes recommendations as changes occur.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of examinations, immunizations, illnesses, accidents and other pertinent data via progress notes
- Administers medications when appropriate, and supervises AMAP certified staff in medication administration. Supervises all medication prescribed for individuals in accordance with agency policies.
- Provides supervision and training for Licensed Practical Nurses and/or less experienced
- Monitors progress for self-administration of medication
- Obtains consents for surgery of residents.
- Reviews all diagnostic work and consults.
- Participates in medical reviews for individuals.
- 1 year of RN experience
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Health Care North, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all health care-related position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.